Discover the best digital nomad backpack for you, whatever your travel and work style.
As remote workers and digital nomads, our laptops are absolutely vital to keeping our life and work in order. Moving safely with your laptop and accessories requires absolute protection and a specifically designed laptop backpack is the most convenient way to protect your belongings.
We have made a list of the best digital nomad backpacks based on protection, durability, comfort, and price so that you can choose one for yourself according to your preference.
Some of our other favourite gear for digital nomads:
- 5 Best Laptop Lights for Video Conferencing (+ Lighting Tips)
- 7 Best Solar Power Banks for Travel & Remote Work
- Top Mobile Hotspots (Portable WIFI for digital nomads)
- Best Luggage and Accessories for Digital Nomads
- Best Laptops and Accessories for Remote Workers
Suitable for digital nomads who often find themselves on the go. The Thule Pack-n-Pedal has a padded and removable 15-inch laptop compartment to store your laptop easily.
The tablet sleeve sits on top of the backpack instead of your back for greater comfort which is specially designed for bike commuting. Considering our busy lives, this digital nomad backpack is ideal.
Key features include:
- A flexible helmet net that securely holds your bike helmet in place while it is not in use. This can be used for other similar items that you need to grab in a hurry
- A crushproof, safe zone compartment for storing fragile items
- An organization compartment, equipped with a u-lock stash pocket that keeps smaller items safe and secure
- It has a folding rain-cover useful during rainy weather and a reflective screen print as well as built-in light attachment for safety while travelling in low light situations
Summary: If you are a regular mover who’s looking for a backpack with a high level of versatility and durability, then this is the choice for you.
With a durable design and high level of versatility features, this digital nomad backpack is ideal as its ultra-rugged yet extremely comfortable with plenty of room for extra gadgets if you’re carrying a lot of extra tech.
The Razer Tactical’s main compartment has a dedicated slot for your laptops, up to 17.3 inches, and the rolltop design improves its carrying capacity so that you can organise your items easily.
Key features include:
- Its thick and durable ballistic nylon exterior protects against tears and the water-resistant protection makes it ideal for everyday use.
- A breathable mesh weave back padding adds comfort as well as supportive shoulder straps – there are also side pockets for drink bottles
- The ripstop interior features tri-cut lighting to protect your items inside from getting scratched
- Handy features are included like two pin drive storage slots and a carabiner for a keyring
- Mesh compartments store loose objects as well as four card compartments
Summary: This is the ultimate utility backpack for digital nomads that want a combination of ultimate durability and comfort.
Well equipped and stylishly designed to keep you organized with its versatile range of storage pockets and separators, this is the ideal digital nomad backpack for people who want to keep their tech organized and separate from the other items they’re carrying.
Available in over four colours with a fabric liner, the Pop Quiz Backpack combines functionality with an attractive design. It’s also one of the cheaper backpacks making it great for remote workers on a budget.
Key features include:
- A fleece-lined laptop sleeve that can acclimate laptops of up to 15 inches
- This 22-litre backpack features a water-sealed front pocket and a second front pouch pocket with smaller internal organizational pockets
- The top, fleece-lined pocket is perfect for sunglasses and the large main compartment contains a padded and fleece-lined laptop sleeve. You’ll also find an internal media pocket with headphone port
Summary: With its signature Herschel craftsmanship, this laptop backpack is ideal for those who want a combination of style and versatility at a reasonable price.
People who are looking for the utmost security while travelling with their laptop will find the Matein Backpack ideal. It comes with an anti-theft hidden pocket to secure your small, essential items like your passport and wallet as well as an RFID blocking pocket and invisible pockets for additional safety.
You can also connect your phone to a portable charger via a USB port making this a functional, secure backpack option that also comes in at a budget price.
Key features include:
- It has enough room to hold up to a 17-inch laptop
- Durable and water-resistant polisher fabric backpack
- The bag is equipped with metal buckles and thick padding which, makes it extremely comfortable to travel with
- It has a professional-looking exterior with a good number of pockets.
Summary: The ideal backpack for protection and durability for remote workers and digital nomads on a budget.
The ideal budget option with safety in mind. Keep your laptop secure with this modern design anti-theft backpack complete with a combination lock.
This digital nomad backpack’s multi-compartment design provides you with all the necessary space required for up to a 17-inch laptop with fourteen pockets and compartments for organisation. There is even a separate handy compartment to store your iPad or tablet.
- Thick, weather-resistant fabric exterior and padded interior
- Padded back making it comfortable to carry with adjustable and heavily padded shoulder straps providing extra comfort
- Built-in USB port and a charging cable that can power up your devices on the go
Summary: The Amazon basics laptop backpack provides practicality and affordability with high-tech anti-theft technology making it the ideal backpack for digital nomads.
One of the most best-selling versions and iconic backpacks of all time which also manages to be chic and practical. The Fjällräven Kånken is an ideal backpack to carry your laptop (up to seventeen inches) with peace of mind.
This digital nomad backpack is heavily padded inside and outside for adequate protection for your fragile items with a sleeve on the side so you can store a slim water bottle Perfect for going to and from your base to a coworking space or local cafe rather than heavy-duty commuting or travel.
As it comes in a wide range of colours, you’ll be sure to find one that you love.
- Made of durable vinyl and polypropylene, this backpack is dirt and water-resistant which makes keeping it clean easy
- The Kånken has a versatile storage pocket with a large rectangular main compartment, one side pocket, and a zippered pocket in the front for easy organization. Its rain flap will protect your laptop from rain
- Its shoulder straps are padded and feature a durable and comfortable x design along with double top snap handles which give you extra carrying options
Summary: A simple and elegant backpack for remote workers, the spacious, stylish Fjällräven Kånken will be your new best friend. Suitable for day to day use or overnight trips rather than heavy-duty use.
Known for its great use of space, this professional, slim laptop backpack is made from a durable and twisted poly fabric with a fleece-lined padded tablet sleeve and a laptop sleeve to make sure all your devices are as safe as could be.
Its pass-through sleeve secures the back to rolling luggage and features top carry handles for versatility, making it the ideal digital nomad backpack.
- Vented air mesh back panel keeps you cool and comfortable with padded shoulder straps provide comfort while carrying
- It has a diagonal slash pocket and a front bottom structured zip pocket for you to easily organize things other than a laptop. Its removable crushproof pocket makes safe your inside belongings. It also features a side zipper water bottle pocket
- Its Teflon coated design also repels water effectively to protect whatever is inside along with the laptop
Summary: Anyone who wants loads of secure compartments in a compact laptop backpack can go with the eBags Pro Slim Laptop Backpack.
For portability with protection – this handsomely crafted TSA – friendly backpack makes for an ideal digital nomad backpack. It can hold a laptop of up to seventeen inches and is made from superior quality durable and weather-resistant fabric.
- Its other features include a large opening main compartment with a safe tablet pocket, an accordion file holder, a water bottle pocket, a padded media pocket with headphone, and a cord port for easy organization
- It has easy open compartments that are designed to unzip and lay flat as well as a mesh panel on the heavily padded back with airflow ventilation
- It is equipped with built-in suspension and adjustable side compression straps for you to comfortably carry a laptop
Summary: If you are a frequent flyer who’s linked for a great quality backpack to keep your tech safe and secure and the SwissGear 1900 scan smart TSA will be a great option for you.
The ideal backpack if you’re carrying a lot of extra tech due to how roomy yet secure the design is. It’s a supremely organized monster of a work pack that is optimized for your daily commute along with a laptop.
- It is made of 400d static polisher with an air mesh ventilated back panel
- Its laptop sleeve can hold laptops up to 17 inches
- It has a good number of useful pockets with one main compartment, a new print water bottle pocket, and a dedicated key keeper fob
- It has strong adjustable straps with a grab handle for easy lifting
Summary: If you need a backpack with room for more than just your laptop then this is a great choice.
The is a favourite for its understated style and huge carry capacity, it looks good and is extremely functional. Its internal laptop compartment can store up to a 16-inch MacBook or a 15-inch laptop
- Its built material is patented Rolex which is woven from two different thicknesses of polyester fiber. This is abrasion and water-resistant fabric with a high tensile strength of ballistic nylon
- Its three compartments allow organized access along with 14 different pockets in total for you to easily organize your items. Its dedicated laptop compartment is fully padded and aligned for optimal MacBook or laptop protection
- Its adjustable padded shoulder straps have multiple adjustment points
- The integrated sternum strap helps to disperse weight so that you can carry it with comfort
Summary: Stylish, compact, and minimalist – the incase icon slim laptop backpack is a versatile option with great storage for your laptop and other electronics.
Another firm favourite among long term digital nomads and remote workers, this convertible bag which switches between a duffel bag and backpack has handy pockets designed specifically for shoes, liquids, and tech.
- Durable, long-lasting and waterproof, this is a highly resistant bag that will stay with you for a long time.
- A spacious bag, it has a 40L capacity but is comfortably cabin size.
- Features a magnetic water bottle holder.
Summary: Perfect for anyone who wants a roomy bag that is also highly organized.
A firm favourite of ours as aside from being a fantastic piece of luggage for digital nomads, it’s also made from fifty recycled plastic bottles making it one of the most ethical options on this list.
Easily convertible between a duffle bag and a backpack with water-resistant fabric, this 40L pack is extremely organized and roomy. Monarch also offers free shipping, free delivery, and a lifetime guarantee.
- Includes removable and adjustable waist and sternum straps.
- Removable shoe compartment
- 17″ laptop sleeve
- Optional extra organizational packs such as the camera cube and tech pack
Summary: Ideal if you’re looking for an ethical option and want a bag that you could as easily take your stuff to the gym in as work with.